TAC incorporates premium, lightweight glass-clad polycarbonate offering true, multi-hit protection (weighs approximately 10-15% less than traditional armored glass). All-glass is 100% curved and no flat glass is incorporated. All glass includes a premium interior hard-spall layer to prevent fragments/shards from penetrating the passenger compartment in the event of an attack. All glass is seamed, edged and finished using a proprietary quality process that provides unprecedented UV and delamination resistance. All glass features excellent ballistic protection and superior optical quality with very minimal distortion.
Spectra Shield is a premium, lightweight polyethylene composite armor offering superior protection that meets or exceeds NIJ and CEN ballistic standards while adding between 750-1500 lbs less weight than a traditional all-steel armoring package. Spectra Shield is lightweight, waterproof, and is 10 times stronger than traditional steel. This material was originally engineered by Honeywell and has a proven track record in military application. In short, we only incorporate the very best, lightest-weight armor available on the market.
High-Hardened Ballistic Steel (Opaque Armor)
While we incorporate as much lightweight armor as possible, high-hardened ballistic steel is still applicable in certain areas of the vehicle where Spectra Shield and other lightweight aramid fibers cannot be used do to thickness or engineering specifications. All steel incorporated into the armoring process is milled using a special chemical composition that ensures ballistic integrity and maximizes Brinell hardness. All steel is plasma/laser cut and is designed and patterned according to the exact contour of the vehicle. In addition, all armor is installed using a proprietary process underneath the interior vehicle skin to provide an OEM interior finish and superior protection coverage. All original pillars, posts, and panels snap back into place with minor trim work—this helps the vehicle keep the factory appearance as closely as possible on the interior and exterior and helps our clients to keep a low profile at all times.
Ballistic nylon is a thick, tough, synthetic nylon fabric used for a variety of applications. Ballistic nylon was originally developed as a material for flak jackets, and has since been re-enginnered to offer superior blast, fragmentation, and ricochet protection in armored vehicles. Our ballistic nylon is densely plied and is woven from ultra-high-grade raw material.
Only the highest grade, waterproof Kevlar and aramid fibers are used. These fibers offer superior blast, fragmentation, explosive and small arms ballistic protection. All materials are tested in an independent laboratory and are custom fabricated according to TAC specifications.
Lexan is a transparent polycarbonate armor that is typically used in flat applications and still offers good light transmission (transparent armor). Lexan offers excellent optical clarity with a unique combination of properties, which can make it an excellent candidate for safety and security glazing to suit a wide range of security applications. Available clear or bronze tinted, Lexan can be used in applications where premium bulletproof glass is not a viable option.
Ballistic fiberglass is not commonly used armoring material, but it can be viable for certain applications where Spectra Shield, Steel, and aramid fibers would not be suitable.
TAC CRF Runflat
The TAC Composite runflat (also known as the TAC CRF) is a lightweight reinforced polymer device designed to provide flat tire mobility when used with pneumatic tires. The CRF runflat is comprised of two or three sections that, secured around the wheel, provide a strong bearing assembly. A special composite material formulation results in reduced friction and heat buildup inside a flat tire. The material is resistant to both ballistic attack and severe road hazards
The CRF is easily mounted inside a standard tubeless tire on a traditional "drop center style" wheel using normal tire mounting tools. Each CRF is custom built to meet the specific load rating criteria and distance requirements of the application. TAC CRF runflats are specified on numerous government and security vehicles where flat tire mobility is critical.
- CRF runflat devices are designed to US Army and NATO/FINABEL speed and distance standards of 50km/h (30 miles @ 30mph).
- Each CRF runflat is custom designed to fit the specific drop center profile of the wheel, maximizing the support of the runflat and assuring proper fitment.
- CRF runflats are designed to reduce both tire and wheel damage by supporting the wheel off the tire, resulting in tire preservation.
- Application of special lubricant between tire and runflat reduces heat buildup and friction, prolonged tire life and maximizing runflat performance.
- CRF runflats are custom built to match the specific mission profile requirements.
- CRF runflats are available to fit virtually all wheel and tire combinations. Both Standard and Low Profile sizes are available.
TAC RCR Runflat
The TAC Rugged Compound Runflats (RCR) is a pneumatic tire insert designed to provide extended mobility when one or more tires are deflated. RCR and CRF runflats offer similar performance and both are used depending on the vehicle type, country of end-use, and geographic requirements.
The TAC RCR Runflat is made from a specially formulated lightweight, high strength compound designed to resist crack propagation from ballistic attack and severe road hazards.
The TAC RCR Runflat is comprised of two components, a roller and a runner—the runner is securely attached to the wheel in the drop center, and provides a track or channel in which the roller is allowed to move or "rotate" about the wheel at the same speed as the tire, thus reducing friction and heat build up.
- TAC RCR Runflats have been used and proven for over 25 years of service on armored vehicles, police vehicles, riot control vehicles, and cash-in-transit vehicles.
- The TAC RCR Runflat provides excellent handling and performance after a tire deflation compared to other static type runflat systems.
- The TAC RCR Runflat is the runflat of choice on all US Government Armored Vehicles.
- TAC RCR designs runflat devices to US Army, NATO/FINABEL speed and distance standards of 50km @ 50km/hr. (30 miles @ 30 mph)
- TAC RCR has received TÜV approval (FTP92/1655/01/08)
- TAC RCR runflats are available to fit all common wheel and tire combinations. We have multiple sizes available per tire diameter to meet specific mission profile performance requirements resulting in maximum runflat performance.
Click here now to contact us now for a quote
"Life is Valuable, Protect It."